WE LOVE YOUR SONGS BLOG
5 Things Songwriters Can Do To Move Their Careers Forward
I recently stumbled upon an article on BMI.com about 5 things songwriters can do for their careers.
The five things are:
1. Do One Business Thing Every Day
2. Join or Start A Songwriting Group
3. Don’t Wait For A Publishing Deal To Act Like You Have One
4. Make One Song Pitch Every Week
5. Reply Promptly To Any Opportunity, No Matter How Small.
There are 5 separate bits of advice in the article, but they can really be summed up into “Take Small Steps Every Day”. Try to build a schedule for yourself where you have 1 hour every day aside from practice to work on your career as a musician. It’s better to do a little bit of consistent marketing every day, than to do a lot of marketing once every six months.
blog comments powered by Disqus