WE LOVE YOUR SONGS BLOG
How to Make a Stage Plot
An accurate stage plot makes it easier for the venue managers, club owners, lighting and sound engineers, and other people you’re working with, because it makes it easy to see your how all the players and equipment need to be set up.
Your stage plot should include the following:
- Where each musician will be positioned
- What instruments will be used and where they will be positioned
- List of necessary equipment
- Positions of equipment such as mics and amps
- An ordered list of songs and their approximate length
- Transitions if any equipment is going to be moved during the performance
A lot of musicians use software like Adobe Illustrator or Stage Plot Pro to create their stage plots. You can also use FreeStagePlots.com. Once you get used to it, creating a stage plot only take 15-30 minutes and it saves a lot of time and energy. Make it easy for your staff and they’re going to want to work with you again.
blog comments powered by Disqus